Buying your first home can be daunting, see our 8 home buying tips that we advise for every step of your home buying experience
If you go in with a plan, you have a much better chance of getting into the home you want, at the price you want it. Here’s some tips that we always give our clients:
1. For When You Obtain proof-of-funds / Get pre-approved for a loan
- Meet with a loan officer to determine the price range of a Fort Lauderdale mortgage for which you are qualified. Generally the loan officer will ask you to share your income and other financial information. Let us know if you need a recommendation.
- Get pre-qualified.
- Obtain a pre-approval letter.
- Obtain a “Truth in Lending” letter explaining the costs of borrowing money.
- Learn about the loan options available to buyers in today’s market.
- Learn about closing costs.
2. When Your Ready to Get Your Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale real estate agent
- Provide them with a copy of your Proof of Funds or Pre-Approval Letter.
- Share your new home wish list and allow them to help make the home buying process easier.
- When possible, all decision-makers should visit the various homes in Fort Lauderdale.
- Always be candid with your Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale Realtor — it will help them understand your particular requirements and enable them to select homes you’ll want to see.
3. When It’s Time To Make An Offer
- Your Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale Realtor will provide you with a list of comparable homes in order to assist you in making an informed decision.
- We will go through the contract with you and complete your offer.
- Negotiations will proceed until both buyer and seller agree on all terms and sign the contract.
- All documents will be sent to a title company where a file will be opened, and title commitment and property tax information are ordered.